|click pictures for
* Sculptural fence was commissioned by West Sussex County
Council for Buchan Country Park which is located between Horsham and
Crawley in West Sussex in November 2003
* It took 2 months to carved and was completed at the end of
* All the fence posts and carved tops are oak. 4 of the
tops are seasoned wood, the rest is green and will change with time.
They will are mellow in colour to a silver grey.
The cross pieces are chestnut.
* They vary in height and width but all are around 1.5M high and
the wheels are 40cm wide. The post for the hands is 20 x 20cm and
the others are 20 x 10cm. All the posts are individually shaped.
* The whole piece was installed by local fencing contractors -